Monday, 14 September 2015

Reading

WALT: summarise by retelling my story in order.

Success Criteria:
  • I can find the beginning middle and end of the story
  • I can record the main ideas, in order
  • I use my summary to help me better understand what I read and to share my ideas.
  • I am starting to think about what might happen next

How I am going

I can find the beginning middle and end of the story
Kerri thinks



I can record the main ideas, in order
Kerri thinks



I use my summary to help me better understand what I read and to share my ideas.
Kerri thinks


I am starting to think about what might happen next
Kerri thinks



Reflection
Summarising by retelling my story in order helps me because: it helped me to remember what happened in the story.

It was really hard when: i have to figure out new and tricky words.

Something that really helped me was: the pictures because I can see what is happening in the story.

Something new I learned was: there are other ways of working out new and tricky words like read on and read back and looking for bits that I know.

Kerri Thinks
Jaxon, you have been working really hard on your reading and you are starting to use different strategies to solve tricky and unknown words. I think you retell the ideas in your stories in order (finding the beginning, the middle and the end) and you are practising using film strips to record your ideas. This helps you make sure you understand what you are reading. You think about what you have already read and can make sensible predictions about what might come next. Fantastic learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment