Thursday, 25 June 2015

I am a scientist

KWe have been learning to think like scientists this term. Learning all about plants has helped us to become scientists. We have been asking lots of questions and trying to answer them. We found out that plants breathe and drink water. We found the best way to germinate a seed – seeds need water to germinate but the plant needs water, soil and sun to grow well.
WALT: investigate
         Ask questions
         Make predictions (think about what is going to happen)
         Observe and record what happens    
Use what we have observed to make conclusions
WALT share our ideas

Task
Show my science learning using play dough, drawing and labelling what we can see, classifying the plants and completing the plant life cycle activity.
Our plant has leaves, a stem,
some seeds in the flower and roots.


We looked closely and but the plant pieces into groups like
seeds, flowers, roots and leaves.


Success Criteria:
I can ask questions
I think about what might happen
I look closely (observe)
I share my ideas

How I am going

I can ask questions
Kerri thinks

 

I think about what might happen
Kerri thinks



I look closely (observe)
Kerri thinks
 


I share my ideas
Kerri thinks



Reflection

I really like:  planting my own snow pea 

I think I need to practice: asking more questions because then I will learn more.

Something that really helped me was: Kerri teaching us what plants need to grow.

Kerri thinks
Like a scientist you have loads of ideas and you can turn you ideas into questions. You looked closely at all the different leaves and flowers that plants have and wondered why? Jaxon you use what you know about the world to think about what might happen in our investigations, sharing your thinking and ideas with us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment